Sharing is caring!
You already know that YouTube is the most popular site for streaming videos, unless you’ve been hiding out. However, did you know that it also ranks first in the globe to organic YouTube promotion and is the second-most frequently viewed site in the US? By 2020, YouTube will have more than 2 billion monthly users and 5 billion daily video viewers. As a result, if you want to sell your business to an online audience, you simply can’t ignore this channel.
As a result, if you intend to use YouTube this year, you should look at the list of current YouTube data that we have put together. Additionally, if you’re already utilizing the platform and want to increase your focus on videos for your brand to organic YouTube promotion, you should definitely register for a free account on InVideo to gain access to over 5000 ready-to-use templates, an asset library with over 8 million items, and a powerful online editor to streamline the creation of your videos.
Additionally, feel free to save and utilize the extremely useful infographic we produced for your blogs and posts. All we ask in exchange is that you credit this article’s source when you share the link.
1. When the same statistic is tracked globally, YouTube comes in first place and is the second-most organically visited site in the US (Ahrefs)
2. Daily YouTube video views total 1 billion hours (YouTube Press)
3. More than 30 million people use YouTube daily, with 2 billion active viewers each month (YouTube Press)
4. There are 22,000 channels on YouTube that have more than one million subscribers, making about 2 million of the 38 million active channels on the platform. (Tubics)
5. When SpaceX went live to launch the Falcon Heavy Rocket, 2.3 million concurrent views on YouTube were recorded (The Verge)
6. More than 70% of users access it through mobile apps (YouTube Press)
7. YouTube is the most widely used platform for watching online videos in the US with 90% of all digital consumers using it (Oberlo)
8. The YouTube algorithm recommends 70% of what users watch (HootSuite)
9. As of 2019, 500 hours of content are added per minute (Statista)
10. Network broadcasters, video and music studios, and more than 9000 partners on YouTube all have content IDs. Copyright holders may identify the YouTube videos they own using Content ID, an automated and scalable method that protects their creative rights to Promote Your Music Video On YouTube (Press for YouTube)
11. Just 9% of small companies have a YouTube channel (Brandwatch)
12. According to reports, people who watch a TrueView advertisement are 10 times more likely to act on the advertisement’s advice than they would be on their own (Think with Google)
13. YouTube users are 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to a brand’s channel after watching at least 30 seconds of a YouTube ad (Think with Google)
14. Of all YouTube users, 45% of them are women and 55% are men. (Reporting Data)
15. YouTube is used by 73% of US adults. YouTube is used by 68% of female and 78% of male people in the US (Pew Research, 2019)
16. 77% of US internet users between the ages of 15 and 35 as of the most recent quarter use YouTube. (Statista)
17. In comparison to any broadcast network, mobile YouTube videos reach more people aged 18 to 19 worldwide. (Consider using Google)
18. The US [16.4%] is the most popular YouTube country, followed by India [9.2%] and Japan [4.8%]. (Alexa)
19. In the United States, 77% of urban residents, 74% of suburban residents, and 64% of rural residents utilize YouTube (Pew Research, 2019)
20. YouTube is available in more than 100 localised versions worldwide, allowing you to use it in more than 80 different languages (YouTube Press)
21. Only 28% of the YouTube videos posted by well-known channels are in English, while 67% are in other languages. (Research conducted by Pew)
22. In 2020, 94% of YouTube users in India discovered how to complete tasks on their own by watching YouTube videos (YouTube Trends)
23. Since 81% of US parents use YouTube to obtain entertaining and informative content for their kids, there is a sizable market there that you can reach by producing interesting instructional videos utilising the tens of thousands of templates offered by InVideo. (Brandwatch)
24. Mobile devices account for more than 70% of YouTube watch time (Sprout Social)
25. According to Ipsos Mori+YouTube, 47% of YouTube viewers claimed that watching online videos helped them deal with continuing challenges in their life.
26. According to Sprout Social (2019), there has been a 39% rise in viewers watching YouTube on TVs, with 250 million hours of video content being seen daily on TVs alone (Variety, 2019)
27. A typical day on YouTube lasts 17 minutes 31 seconds. (Alexa)
28. After Netflix, YouTube is the second most popular platform for millennials to watch online videos (HootSuite)
29. During prime time, the top two reasons people watch YouTube are “to relax” and “for amusement” (Think with Google)
30. You can simply take advantage of the fact that YouTube users are three times more likely to watch online video tutorials than read instructions by making interesting tutorial videos utilizing the more than 5,000 customizable templates available on InVideo. (Consider using Google)
31. When compared to people watching television, YouTube mobile users pay 2X greater attention to what they’re watching. Additionally, 7 out of 10 consumers watch videos on their phones with the orientation set to horizontal. (Consider using Google)
32. According to Ipsos Mori and YouTube, 70% of people watched online coverage of live events in 2020 alone.
33. In the most active 10% of channels with 250,000 subscribers, 70% of the content was uploaded. The top 10% of these videos received 79% of all views, accounting for their popularity (Pew Research Center)
34.Jawed Karim, the creator of YouTube, uploaded Me at the Zoo on April 23, 2005, making it the site’s first video.
35. The top 5 global YouTube keyword searches are “BTS,” “pewdiepie,” “ASMR,” “Billie Eilish,” and “baby shark” (Ahrefs)
36.’Pewdiepie,’ 36 The top 5 keyword searches on YouTube in the US include “ASMR,” “music,” “markiplier,” and “old town road” (Ahrefs)
37.The top 100 YouTube searches in the US are related to music in 37. 20% of cases (Ahrefs)
38. The average monthly global search volume for the K-pop group BTS is above 16 million, or more than 6 searches per second (Ahrefs)
39. As of January 2022, Pinkfong’s “Baby Shark Dance” is the most watched YouTube video. As of January 2022, it has over 7.8 billion views, making Louis Fonzi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito” the second-most watched video on YouTube with over 7.1 billion views (YouTube Trends)
40. As of January 2022, YouTube’s own video, YouTube Rewind 2018, has 18 million thumbs down (Youtube)