Sharing is caring!
Shoulder pain might happen to many muscles at the same time or in any of them, ligaments or tendons around your shoulder area. When your shoulder begins to hurt, it is difficult to focus on your daily routines. Shoulder pain can occur to anyone regardless of gender or age, however, those who have to use laptops, smartphones, or tablets for a long period without doing some activities might be more prone to this issue. There are a number of factors as well as conditions might widely contribute to this problem such as soft injury of soft tissue (like tendons, muscles, or ligaments). This can be contributed more by repetitive usage or overuse injury. Other causes of shoulder pain can be tendinitis, bursitis, torn cartilage, bone spurs, arthritis, frozen shoulder as well as spinal cord injury. Moreover, some specific factors like symptoms of the cervical spine in the heart, liver especially in the neck may add to the pain. Besides shoulder pain, one may experience swelling or difficulty in moving the shoulder as well as tenderness around the joint.
Tips for Home Remedies for Shoulder Pain:
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them with a thin and clean towel
- Put it on the affected area for 15 minutes
- Repeat the process several times a day
- Alternatively, dip a towel in the cold water and apply on the affected area
- Note: Do not put the ice directly on the affected area.
- Fill a bag with hot water and apply it directly to the affected area for at least 10 minutes
- Repeat the process several times a day till you completely get over it.
- Alternatively, standing under a warm water shower is another good idea. This can be done twice on a daily basis.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water
- Put 2 cups of salt and stir it well.
- Dip your affected area into the water for half an hour.
- Repeat the process 3 times a week.
- You can adopt some essential oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil, or sesame oil
- Heat the oil in the microwave and gently apply on the shoulder
- Squeeze the shoulder muscles
- Apply gentle pressure to relieve pain as well as encourage blood flow
- Do this for at least 10 minutes and then apply a warm towel on the shoulder to attain the best results.
- Repeat the process several times a day till the pain has faded away
- Note: Do not apply when it is an open wound.
- Mix some turmeric powder with some coconut oil to create a paste
- Rub the paste on the shoulder where you feel pain and let it dry by itself
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process several times a day till the pain is faded away.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 glass of milk and stir well before boiling it
- Add honey and consume it twice on a daily basis to boost the recovery stage.
- You can also consume some turmeric capsules after consulting a doctor.