By admin on May 10, 2017
Sharing is caring!
There are various types of massage therapies in different cultures around the world. Other than the relaxing element, it can also be used for a variety of health-related purposes as well.
Massage therapy dates back thousands of years as there are references to massage sessions in writings from ancient Japan, China, India, Greece, Egypt, Rome and Arabic Nations. Two American physicians introduced massage in the US in the 1850s. Over 22 million adults and children received massage therapy in the previous year in the US.
Benefits of Therapy
Use of massage therapies for health purposes are mentioned below:
- Relieve pain
- Reduce stress
- Rehabilitate sports injuries
- Address depression & anxiety
- Increase relaxation
- Aid general wellness
- Help in weight loss
- Keeps the skin healthy and radiant
- Prevent aging to some extent
During a massage therapy, a professional (termed as a masseuse) press, rub, knead the muscles and soft tissues of the body with their hands, fingers, legs, feet, elbows and forearms to relax the body & mind of the individual.
Individuals around the world loves to experience this practice because of the mental benefits, which helps them to relax and get away from all the tensions of the world.
Some Small Concerns
- Use soft, soothing music and a lightly-scented room
- The massage table needs to be stable and sturdy; so avoid bad quality massage tables; cheap massage tables does not mean bad quality tables
- The professional should be experienced because he deals with pressure points and fragile body parts, which might result in dangerous results
Types of Massage Styles around the World
- Swedish Massage
- Thai Massage
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Deep Tissue Therapy
- Acupuncture & Acupressure
- Balinese Massage
- Turkish Style Massage
Cautions about Massage Therapy
- Patients with low blood platelet counts, bleeding disorders and ones on blood-thinning medications (such as warfarin) should avoid vigorous massage therapies.
- It is not recommended to do massage on areas of the body with fractures, blood clots, skin infections, weakened bones, open wounds or recent surgery-areas.
- Individuals suffering from cancer should first consult their oncologists before a therapy session (which involves intense or deep pressure). Any type of direct pressure over a tumor should be avoided.
- Health care providers shall always be consulted before therapy sessions, especially by pregnant women.
Licenses and Certifications
Licenses and certifications for massage therapists/ masseuses are as follows:
- LMT: Licensed Massage Therapist
- LMP: Licensed Massage Practitioner
- CMT: Certified Massage Therapist
- NCTMB: National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork to practice therapeutic massage and bodywork
- NCTM: National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork to practice therapeutic massage
It is an over 450-multi-million pounds industry with the following as the most famous venues as follows:
- Thai Massage at Phuket, Thailand
- Balinese Massage at Ubud, Indonesia
- Turkish Style Massage at Istanbul, Turkey
- Ayurvedic Massage at Kerela, India
- Japanese Massage at Beppu City or Tokyo, Japan.
It is an extremely lovable and comforting experience because it allows the individual to forget all the stress and relax; which is a rare phenomenon in this fast-running world. The industry is growing at a fast pace and the advancement in technology is also allowing this industry to get somewhat automated i.e. electric massage chair et-cetera.
There are essential oils, cushions, foams, Massage Tables for Sale available online with different deals and offers for individuals who aim to start a massage business, both brick-n-mortar and location-based services. The professional needs to be experienced and knowledgeable enough to understand the human anatomy and practice the therapy accordingly.
You may also like
It is not true that maturity comes with age. I have seen many young ones who are much more emotionally mature than some older...Read More
The fashion world has exploded since the road in online shopping. It’s easier than ever to access the latest styles and trends, helped by...Read More